The Wales SAS doctors committee represents staff, associate specialist and specialty doctors working in NHS Wales.
- Ensure there is greater transparency of coding SAS doctors' work.
- Ensure management roles in health boards are offered to all.
- Ensure SAS terms and conditions of service are up to date.
- Promote quality job planning.
- Encourage SAS doctors to be trained as appraisers.
SAS charter promotion
The committee has created a poster to promote the SAS charter for Wales for members to share via any channels, such as hospitals, libraries and postgrad centres.
Wales SAS survey
BMA Cymru Wales launched a survey of SAS doctors in November 2018 to get a better idea of whether working conditions had improved since the launch of the SAS charter for Wales in 2016.
View the survey results
Chair: Ram Kumar
We meet four times a year to discuss the latest issues affecting SAS doctors in Wales. These meetings are open to committee members only.
- To be confirmed.
All meetings take place either virtually or at:
BMA Cymru Wales
2 Caspian Point
The 28 seats on the Wales SAS committee are elected triennially and distributed between health boards. Voting for the 2019-22 session took place from 9 to 16 July 2019.
Get in touch
If you want to find out more about the work of the WSASC, email us or call 029 2047 4696.