As a recognised trade union for UK doctors, no one better understands your day-to-day lives. We represent you both individually and collectively, negotiating your pay and rights, and supporting you at work.
We fight for you
The Republic of Ireland offers a very different experience to working in the NHS. UK doctors who have made the move say they feel welcomed and valued, but warn it is no utopia
We give you a voice
Join our pay campaigns
- Consultants in England voted against the offer from Government in a pay referendum.
- Consultants in Wales ballot for industrial action over pay levels opened on 22 January and will close on 4 March.
- Junior doctors in England will strike for 5 days in February. They are also being re-balloted until 20 March to extend the mandate for industrial action, and provide us with a mandate for ASOS.
- Junior doctors in Wales to take further strike action in February and March.
- Junior doctors in Northern Ireland have voted in favour of industrial action and will stage a full walk out from 8am on 6 March to 8am on 7 March.
- Junior doctors in Scotland contract survey now open.
- SAS doctors in England Government has made an offer which members are voting on in a referendum which closes on 28 February.
- SAS doctors in Wales ballot for industrial action over pay levels is open until 4 March.
- SAS doctors in Northern Ireland vote in favour of taking industrial action in a indicative ballot.
You must be a BMA member to vote.
You must update your membership details to vote.
What our members think
The adviser I spoke to...was fantastic, incredibly well informed and really, really helpful. Your employment advisers are absolutely superb, thank you.Consultant