The NIJDC gathers the opinions of junior doctors from health and social care trusts or the Public Health Agency within Northern Ireland. We represent junior doctors in Northern Ireland to the UKJDC.
- To communicate the activities of the NIJDC and UKJDC to junior doctors in Northern Ireland.
- To promote the policies of JDC.
- To encourage junior doctors in Northern Ireland to take part in the medico-political process.
- To help junior doctors take action against their employers, as may seem necessary by the NIJDC.
- To liaise with the BMA (NI) office and the industrial relations officers of the BMA.
- To monitor and ensure, to the best of our ability, the enforcement of current national agreements regarding terms and conditions of service at a regional level.
- Fair interpretation of junior doctors' contracts in NI.
- That medical posts established within NI are in accordance with such workforce objectives as may exist from time to time.
Chair: Dr Andrew Wilson
Dr Edwina Hegarty responsible for education, training and other issues.
Dr Maysa Salman responsible for negotiations and issues relating to terms and conditions, the new deal, the EWTD and revalidation.
Zi Wei Adrian Lim
Edwina Veronica Hegarty
Caoimhe Marie Eilis Tennyson
Daniel Mac Elhatton
Mohammed Mamoun Ibrahim Hassan
Carlos Miguel Paulino Dos Santos
Jun Khai Nicholas Yeo
John David Blair Hayes
Craig David Wylie
Jo Yve Wong
South Eastern Trust
Opeyemi Adebayo Makanjuola
Christian Lloyd Palmer
Conor Trevor Patrick Peace
Scarlett Nicole O’Brien
Mohamed Salah Abdelkarim Shirazy
We meet four times a year to discuss the issues that are most important to doctors in training.
These meetings are open to members of the NIJDC. Non-voting committee members can also come along and participate as part of the BMA committee visitors scheme.
- Wednesday 7 October 2020
- Thursday 10 December 2020
- Wednesday 24 February 2021
- Wednesday 12 May 2021.
All our meetings take place from 2pm to 5pm either virtually or at:
BMA Northern Ireland
16 Cromac Place
For more information, emails us or call 028 9026 9666.
Elections to the Northern Ireland junior doctors committee are now closed.
The next elections will take place in 2022.
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of the NIJDC, email us or call 028 9026 9666.