The NIJDC gathers the opinions of junior doctors from health and social care trusts or the Public Health Agency within Northern Ireland. We represent junior doctors in Northern Ireland to the UKJDC.
- To communicate the activities of the NIJDC and UKJDC to junior doctors in Northern Ireland.
- To promote the policies of JDC.
- To encourage junior doctors in Northern Ireland to take part in the medico-political process.
- To help junior doctors take action against their employers, as may seem necessary by the NIJDC.
- To liaise with the BMA (NI) office and the industrial relations officers of the BMA.
- To monitor and ensure, to the best of our ability, the enforcement of current national agreements regarding terms and conditions of service at a regional level.
- Fair interpretation of junior doctors' contracts in NI.
- That medical posts established within NI are in accordance with such workforce objectives as may exist from time to time.
Chair: Dr Noel Sharkey
Dr Andrew Wilson
Dr Molly Kerr
Dr Patrick Hickland, Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr Jonathan Stewart, Grosvenor Road Surgery GP trainee and QUB
Dr Andrew Wilson, Royal Jubilee Maternity Hospital/ BCH/ Mater
Dr Alison Bell, Royal Maternity Hospital (NICU)
Dr Niamh Campbell, Musgrave Park Hospital
Dr Magnus Johnston, Mater Hospital
Dr Trevor Killeen, Knockbracken
Dr Martin Leer, Belfast City Hospital
Dr Christine Causey, Royal Victoria Hospital (ST2 Oral Surgery)
Dr Nicola Holland, Royal Victoria Hospital (ST2 Restorative Dentistry)
Dr Jonathan Hagan, Belfast City Hospital
Dr Noel Sharkey, Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr Cormac O’Brien, Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr Adrian Lim, Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr Edwina Hegarty, Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr Maysa Salman, Belfast City / Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr Des Shearer, Mater/Ulster Hospital
Dr Scarlett O'Brien, Altnagelvin Hospital
Dr Fahad Saadi, South West Acute Hospital
Dr Katie Rice, Altnagelvin Hospital
Dr Molly Kerr, Holywell Hospital
Dr Leah Kinney, Holywell Hospital
Dr Eoin Melby, Causeway Hospital
Dr Craig Wylie, Antrim Hospital
Dr Ryan Murray, Holywell Hospital
Dr Rhucha Deshpande, Antrim Hospital
Dr Adam Flynn, Holywell Hospital
South Eastern Trust
Dr Weiguang Ho, Ulster Hospital
Dr Niall Doherty, Ulster Hospital
Dr Rachael Coulson, Ulster Hospital
Dr Daniel MacElhatton, Ulster Hospital
Dr Susanna Hall, Ulster Hospital
Dr Poh Chen Tan, Craigavon Hospital
Dr Catriona Herron, Daisy Hill Hospital
Dr Orlagh McNally, Craigavon Hospital
Other NIJDC reps
Dr Kirsty Kapande, Public Health Agency
Dr Stephen McAleer, past-chair NIJDC
Dr Michael Breen, Centre for Public Health (QUB)
We meet four times a year to discuss the issues that are most important to doctors in training.
These meetings are open to members of the NIJDC. Non-voting committee members can also come along and participate as part of the BMA committee visitors scheme.
- Wednesday 13 May 2020 – 2pm to 5pm
All our meetings take place at:
BMA Northern Ireland
16 Cromac Place
For more information email Hilary Nesbitt ([email protected]) or call 028 9026 9666.
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of the NIJDC, email Hilary Nesbitt ([email protected]) or call 028 9026 9666.