BMA materials and resources
As a BMA rep, you can order BMA materials and freebies to help support you:
- Promote BMA membership and support services at events
- Refresh noticeboards at your workplace with up-to-date BMA materials
- Support BMA campaigns
- Advise colleagues on the benefits of joining the BMA
How to order
- Use the form below to order your items.
- Add the quantity in the box below item(s) you require
- Fill in your details
- Click on submit
Your learning hub
We provide the tools to support you in your role, upon completion of the learning module you will receive a certificate to go towards your portfolio.
- Module 1: The role of the BMA and national and local negotiations
- Module 2: The role of the BMA and the LNC
- Module 3: The skills of an effective BMA representative
- Module 4: Interpersonal and influencing skills to run an effective LNC
- Module 5: Leadership and running an effective LNC
- Module 6: Negotiating principles, skills, and local agreements
- Module 7: Identifying internal and external influences on the LNC
Your support network
You will be assigned an Industrial Relations Officer in your area who will have an initial support interview with you, to teach you about your role and signpost you to invaluable resources that will help you as a BMA representative. Your IRO is your point of contact if you are seeking clarification on any matter that is work related.
You will be assigned a Membership Development Manager in your area who will support you with event arrangements, including attending the event with you, supplying BMA materials, refreshments and advertising.
Keep up to date with information effecting your branch of practice regionally and nationally. You can ask questions and exchange information relating to issues that affect doctors. You will see when meetings take place and can get fully involved in the projects that the BOP are working on.
Represent and negotiate on behalf of doctors in your area. Find out how to get involved.
Support in your workplace
If you have a specific issue you'd like support with, you can email your Industrial Relations Officer contact.
If you have an up coming event and would like BMA support and materials you can email your Membership Development Manager contact or order using the BMA rep catalogue.
The BMA rep catalogue has a range of materials to support you and your colleagues through a variety of issues.
One collective voice
Our lobbying secured:
- urgent measures to supply enough PPE to doctors
- the right to remain in the UK for families of overseas doctors who lose their life
- death in service benefits
- unprecedented reforms to pensions annual allowance tax
- prioritisation of healthcare workers for the vaccine.
Why become a rep?
If you're still unsure, here are some great reasons why you should take the chance:
- An opportunity to make positive change to the lives of your colleagues
- Help to build a strong union
- Influence policy and working conditions locally, regionally, and nationally
- Become a workplace leader and develop your leadership skills
- Receive certified training
- Access support and resources from a network of experts
- Get your voice heard via BMA campaigns