The LTFT training forum advises JDC and its subcommittees on matters relating to less than full time training, alongside contractual and non-contractual issues that affect LTFT trainees.
The forum works with the wider BMA to align external stakeholders with BMA priorities on LTFT issues, it also considers practical issues such as rostering, training provision and the cost of training.
Flexible training representatives to JDC (co-chairs):
The next LTFT conference was held on Friday 13 November 2020.
On 2 April 2019, the BMA held a conference to bring less than full time trainees together.
- a presentation on the gender pay gap review and its relevance for LTFT trainees by Professor Dame Jane Dacre and Professor Carol Woodhams
- Dr Jen Warren told her inspirational story of working LTFT and winning gold at the Invictus Games
- updates on contract negotiations and taking forward solutions for LTFT trainees
- breakout sessions on understanding pay and pensions, rostering and work.
How to join the LTFT training forum
There are many advantages to becoming involved in our committees. You can actively influence BMA policy-making and negotiations, represent your colleagues' voices and develop your leadership skills.
Each committee has a few routes to becoming an elected member. In the case of the LTFT training forum, these are:
- Seat/term - every year, elections for 13 seats from the RJDCs (regional junior doctor committees) take place for one-term session.
- Timeline - these elections are usually run by regional staff alongside the regional elections to UKJDC after the August rotation. Results are usually known by mid-September.
- Eligibility - all less than full time trainees who are BMA members are eligible to stand for this election through their regional JDC.
- Seat/term - every year, elections for 1 seats from each of the JDCs (junior doctor committees) in the devolved nations take place for one-term session.
- Timeline - these elections are usually run by staff in the devolved nations alongside the elections to UKJDC at their first meetings of the session, usually held in September.
- Eligibility - all less than full time trainees who are BMA members are eligible to stand for this election through the JDC in their nation.
The LTFT trainees forum invites LTFT trainees from the following BMA committees and training subcommittees:
- JDC (junior doctor committee)
- JATs (joint academic trainees subcommittee)
- PHMRS (public health medicine registrars subcommittee)
- GP trainees committee.
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of the LTFT forum, email [email protected].