The LTFT training forum advises JDC and its subcommittees on matters relating to less than full time training, alongside contractual and non-contractual issues that affect LTFT trainees.
The forum works with the wider BMA to align external stakeholders with BMA priorities on LTFT issues, it also considers practical issues such as rostering, training provision and the cost of training.
Flexible training representatives to JDC (co-chairs):
- The flexible training representative to JDC (chair).
- The officers of JDC.
- One LTFT trainee nominated by each of the Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh JDCs.
- One LTFT trainee nominated by each of the English regional JDCs.
- Any LTFT trainees on JDC and the training subcommittees of other BMA branches of practice (currently joint academic trainees subcommittee (JATs), public health medicine registrars subcommittee (PHMRS) and the GP trainees committee) who wish to join.
On 2 April 2019, the BMA held a conference to bring less than full time trainees together.
- a presentation on the gender pay gap review and its relevance for LTFT trainees by Professor Dame Jane Dacre and Professor Carol Woodhams
- Dr Jen Warren told her inspirational story of working LTFT and winning gold at the Invictus Games
- updates on contract negotiations and taking forward solutions for LTFT trainees
- breakout sessions on understanding pay and pensions, rostering and work.
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of the LTFT forum, email [email protected].