The sessional GPs committee is part of the BMA's GPC (general practitioners committee). We provide national representation for all salaried and locum GPs.
Members come from a range of backgrounds and careers and draw on their knowledge and experience to speak up and fight for a fairer deal for sessional GPs.
We endeavour to:
- consider all matters of interest for salaried and locum GPs
- lead on all GPC issues that primarily affect sessional GPs
- respond to relevant consultations affecting sessional GPs
- work with other subcommittees as and when required on the development of policy and the production of guidance.
Chair: Ben Molyneux
Yorkshire and Humber
The sessional GPs committee meets four times a year to discuss the issues that affect all salaried and locum GPs. These meetings are open to committee members only, but non-members can apply for the BMA committee visitors scheme.
- Wednesday 30 September 2020
- Wednesday 20 January 2021
- Wednesday 21 April 2021
- Wednesday 7 July 2021.
All meetings take place from 10am to 4pm either virtually or at:
For more information, email [email protected].
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about the work of the sessional GPs committee, please contact [email protected].