GPC England held its meeting on Thursday 16 November. At that meeting GPC England:
- Received an update from policy leads and the GPC England Executive
- Received an update on the GMS contract negotiations
- Following the results of the survey of GP practices in England on collective list closure and the decision to increase lobbying activity, the GPC launched a major publication entitled 'Saving General Practice' (SGP), which outlines the critical issues that must be addressed by government in order to rescue general practice from the crisis it currently faces. GPC England received an update on the strategy to increase pressure on government and deliver the actions within SGP.
- Discussed the BMA's response to the consultation regarding proposed changes to the regulations of the Accountable care models contract
- Received an update on the Scottish GPC contract
- Received and discussed a proposal to appoint a Speaker to chair GPC England meetings, similar in style to that of the House of Commons
- Received resolutions from the Conference of England LMCs
- Received an update on NHS England's urgent care review
- Received an update on the NHS e-referral Service
- Received an update on the Delayed Transmission of Hospital Letters.
The next meeting of GPC UK will take place on Thursday 15 March 2018 and the next GPC England will take place on Thursday 18 January 2018.