What you will get from this report
- Findings about the state of mental health in England.
- Recommendations for improvements to resourcing, patient ability to access care, and overall patient outcomes.
- Under a third of children with mental health problems in England are able to access the care they need.
- Those with a severe mental illness in England on average die 15 to 20 years earlier than the general population.
- Suicide is the leading cause of death among young people in the UK aged 20-34 years, and for men in the UK aged under 50.
How to use this guide
This report should be read alongside Measuring progress: Commitments to support and expand the mental health workforce in England, the companion report.