SAS Doctors' guide to strike action in England

Taking part

Location: England
Audience: SAS doctors
Updated: Monday 29 April 2024

Who can take part

Our pay dispute is with the Government and the NHS. You must be a SAS doctor based in England on a contract with an NHS employer to take industrial action.  

You cannot take industrial action against a non-NHS employer and can’t take industrial action if you’re solely employed by the Armed Forces.  

You cannot take industrial action if you are on maternity leave.  If you are due to go on maternity leave soon, taking industrial action may affect your maternity pay – we will publish detailed guidance shortly to help you decide if you can strike.  

Working locum shifts on strike days undermines the collective action of SAS doctors. If you are already booked to work a locum shift when strike days are announced you should check your contract and if possible cancel the shift 

Still have questions?

If you can't find the information you need in this guide, send us your questions and we will add the answers to these pages.

Or contact our member relations team at [email protected] if you have a question about your personal circumstances.