This is an issuu version of the magazine. Accessible versions of the articles included are listed below.
Helping the sick and wounded retreat from the front line in Ukraine, experiences of working over Christmas, junior doctors leaders look back at their pay campaign, the COVID inquiry, Israel and Palestine and eye surgery on the move -- all issues covered in the December 2023 issue of The Doctor.
- At a glance: so, the Government wants to talk about safe staffing ... the strike bill will only worsen industrial relations, says the BMA
- Getting your voice heard: representing doctors at the COVID inquiry
- First among equals: junior doctors leaders assess the pay restoration campaign
- Working at Christmas: on the wards over the festive period
- Humanitarian line, westbound – the MSF train evacuating the sick and wounded from the front line in Ukraine
- It happened to me: treating eye problems at altitude
- Your BMA: member wellbeing – the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, the West Bank and Israel