This recorded webinar brings together the guiding principles behind these two methods and will help you to appreciate the skills needed and their application in your healthcare roles.
What to expect from the webinar
- The webinar is up to one hour.
- It is taught by a subject matter expert.
- No preparation is needed, just bring a pen and paper if you want to make notes.
- This webinar has already been recorded, so it isn't interactive.
- A certificate of attendance will not be given for watching the recording of the webinar.
What you will learn
By the end of this recorded webinar you will be able to:
- describe the similarities and differences between coaching and mentoring approaches
- appreciate the skills needed including; reframing, active listening and how to challenge in an effective way
- understand coaching and mentoring models and tools that you can use to create structure and process to your discussions
- recognise and discuss the ethical dilemmas that can arise in coaching & mentoring relationships
- reflect on your own personal and professional development skills.
Who is this for?
- Free for BMA members.
- BMA library and archive reading list - Coaching and mentoring for everyone - your future/their future.
- Access our full range of reading lists.