We’re there when you need us.
We’ve been helping doctors for 190 years, so we know how it is, especially for specialty trainees.
We know that you’re on a steep learning curve - so we provide the resources you need to learn, throughout your career.
We know that you can’t always make time for your own health while you’re making time for others’ – so we provide access to 24/7 counselling support.
We know that working conditions can be challenging - so we provide individual employment support.
We know you want the best for your patients - which is why we make sure our members have access to the best professional tools, advice and information.
We’ll look after you. You look after your patients.
All the backup you need
We’ve been on call for the medical profession for a long time. That’s why we offer backup and assistance to doctors throughout their career, from learning & development, through contract and pension support, to someone to talk to if you need them, and much more.
All the resources you could ever need to advance and enhance your career.
- Tailored support and resources for run-through or uncoupled training routes.
- BMJ's 70+ online and print peer-reviewed medical trade journals, to keep you up to date with the latest medical news.
- A huge range of e-learning tools and texts from the BMA Library.
- Over 1,000 CPD-accredited modules through BMA and BMJ Learning platforms.
Backup when you need it most.
From specialty selection through to physician, we know what support you might need during and even towards the end of your career:
- Expert employment advisers, available for career, legal, pensions and financial expertise.
- Contracts and rota checking; a dedicated team of experts to ensure that your paperwork and working hours are correct.
- Representation so that all our members can get help with a difficult situation at work.
There is always someone to talk to.
We see constantly, first hand, how it is to be on the frontline. That's why we've ensured that you have a safety net:
- 24/7 counselling and peer support service, open to all doctors regardless of membership
- Confidential face-to-face therapy.
- Advice and guidance for all aspects of dealing with stress and preventing burnout.
- A network of support - online, on the phone, and in your local area, there is always someone to talk to.
Our support for doctors goes beyond their careers.
For 190 years, we at the BMA have helped to ensure the voices of our members are heard, lobbying dozens of different governments on your behalf.
While you're caring for your patient, you can rest assured that our experienced teams are working at the highest level:
- Negotiating on your behalf over pay and working conditions.
- Lobbying the government for better contract terms.
- Launching campaigns, like Fairness for the Frontline, to challenge the government over unacceptable pay.
Save 50% off a standard membership
3rd and 4th year after qualification
£19.58 per month
Save 25% off a standard membership
5th, 6th, 7th year after qualification
£29.16 per month
Concessions available (see FAQs below)
8th+ year after qualification
£39.16 per month
We have needed to keep up with the increase in the number of patients, we haven’t seen the same increase with members of staff and so it just feels like we’re being stretched thinner and thinner. Patients are getting more and more of a poor service.Specialty Trainee, BMA Mental Health and Wellbeing Report
Included in your membership
- Over 23million references from over 5000 e-books and e-journals through BMA library.
- Over 70 BMJ journals (print and online), worth £354 a year.
- CPD accredited e-learning modules from BMA & BMJ learning, worth over £114.
- BMA Law services, up to 25% off for you and your family.
- Discounted financial products and advice with Chase De Vere Medical and Ernst & Young.
- Consultations on Junior Doctor contracts and pay.
Sincere thanks again for your help. I would have had a meltdown and this never would have been resolved without you.Specialty Trainee, who got advice on errors in maternity pay.
1. Complete our easy online application form in 5 minutes.
2. You’re a member! Start enjoying your benefits straight away.
3. We’ll send you a welcome pack in the post.
We're here to help you from the moment you join us. If you have a need that predates your BMA membership, assistance may be limited to telephone and email service only. Contact the BMA to discuss any issue you have and we'll let you know where you stand.
Joining for one month only is not recommended as you won't be guaranteed continued support and workplace protection. However, you can leave after one calendar month, if you choose. BMA membership is a reoccurring yearly membership. The subscription year runs from 1 October to 30 September.
We offer a discount for spouses/partners of BMA members. If you're on maternity leave, on lower income or having a career break, going overseas, a doctor new to the UK or permanently retired, we can offer a reduced subscription rate depending on your circumstances. After 50 years of membership, we give it to you for free.
As a BMA member, you may be eligible to claim tax back from your subscription.
We only offer direct debit as a payment option when joining online, with the ability to pay monthly or annually. You can discuss other payment options with our Membership Services team at [email protected] or by calling 0300 123 1233.
See our full membership FAQs page for more information about joining or get in touch.