About our campaign
GPs and their teams have faced an extremely challenging time during the COVID-19 pandemic. The restrictions have meant that face-to-face contact with patients has been limited in order to keep practice staff and patients safe.
The Support your surgery campaign provides GP practices in England with the tools to both manage expectations and to provide patients with the reality of issues facing general practice.
Get campaign resources
We feel it is important that we are upfront with patients, so they understand the reality that we are all facing and the underlying reasons for this, and that, despite the easing of lockdown, the pressures experienced by general practice and the rest of the NHS are unlikely to ease soon.
To support this we have produced a number of different materials that you can use with patients.
- Template letter for patients about pressures in general practice
- Full colour 'abuse of GPs' poster
- Full colour 'support your surgery' poster
- Reduced ink 'support your surgery' poster
- Mono 'support your surgery' poster
- Full colour 'why GP practices are working differently' poster
- A printable version of the petition to display in your surgery. Please ensure this form is held securely and confidentially destroyed once it is no longer needed. Once completed please scan and email copies to [email protected]
- Visiting your GP poster (England)
- Visiting your GP poster (Wales)
- Visiting your GP poster (Welsh language)
Graphics for Twitter:
- Support your surgery graphic
- Why are things different? graphic
- Why am I seeing someone who is not my GP? graphic
- Why are GPs needing to work differently? graphic
- Why do receptionists ask personal questions? graphic
- Where else can I get help? graphic
Graphics for email:
What is happening in general practice? Why aren't there enough GPs? What does this mean for the GP - patient relationship? What needs to be done?
Share on Twitter
In addition to signing the petition you can also share it on Twitter. We've embedded one that you can re-tweet below.
More than 12,000 people have already signed our petition to #SupportYourSurgery which goes to show how important a well-resourced GP service is to our patients.— The BMA (@TheBMA) September 22, 2021
If you haven’t added your name yet, sign and share below :point_down:https://t.co/Km0AqWfCAy pic.twitter.com/60YgCoQBiN