Personal injury is a term used to describe an injury you have received due to someone else's negligence. This might be an accident or injury that has occurred in or out of the workplace.
Victims of personal injury have different reasons for making a claim, but the most common reason is to claim compensation for the pain and suffering endured as a result of the injury. Often, compensation can be recovered to reimburse any expenses connected to the personal injury, such as medical expenses, or lost earnings if you are unable to work.
If you have suffered an injury that was not your fault, our extended member support means you are entitled to free legal representation for personal injury claims. We hope you never need to use this service, but if you do wish to make a claim for compensation, we are here to help.
About the service
We offer free legal representation for members wishing to make a personal injury claim - there is no charge for this service, and it does not cost the BMA anything to offer it.
- This service is available to all BMA members in England and Wales, regardless of age or branch of practice.
- Successful claimants take home 100 per cent of any damages awarded.
- Cases must pass a merits assessment before compensation can be sought.
- This is not an insurance product – a pay out in the event of an injury is not guaranteed.
- This is a BMA member benefit with the legal case run by BMA Law.
If you have been injured, please contact our team of advisers:
- call 0300 123 2014 (8.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday)
- email [email protected].
Injuries can have a wider impact on your life. To support you through difficult times we have several additional support services, including our 24/7 wellbeing support services.
Call 0330 123 1245 to speak to someone in confidence or find out more.
I am pleased to say that BMA Law have always dealt with my enquiries promptly and efficiently and given good and helpful advice.Dr Ian Rummens, Medical Secretary