Types of work
- Medico-legal (not covered in our existing medico-legal guidance).
- Statements of fact.
- Signing photo card driving licences.
- Attendance at airports.
- Attendance at patient’s request at a police station
Professional attendance at private events (including sporting events).
- Lectures e.g. for a college of further education.
- Removal of a pacemaker prior to disposal of a body.
- Court exemption: from attending as a witness on medical grounds.
- Drivers or pilots: full medical examination and completion of forms for vocational drivers licence (large goods vehicles and passenger carrying vehicles, taxi etc.
- Fitness to drive for insurance purposes (elderly driver, racing driver etc).
- Aviation licence (pilots).
- Fitness for sport.
- Patients for self-referral overseas.
- Seat belt exemption.
- Private prescription for private patient, or drugs required for travel abroad (private or NHS patient).
- Abortion (confirmatory) certificate; second certificate under the Abortion Act 1967 in cases where the patient is not on the GP's NHS list.
- Vaccination and immunisation for travel abroad.