This recorded webinar will teach you practical strategies and communication skills to help prevent and change difficult behaviour and manage situations for better outcomes.
What to expect from the webinar
- The webinar is up to one hour.
- It is taught by a subject matter expert.
- No preparation is needed, just bring a pen and paper if you want to make notes.
- This webinar has already been recorded, so it isn't interactive.
- A certificate of attendance will not be given for watching the recording of the webinar.
What you will learn
By the end of this recorded webinar you will:
- understand what assertive behaviour looks like in challenging situations
- learn communication techniques to help you in these situations
- recognise the benefit of valuing yourself as part of the strategy to handle difficult situations
- have some simple ways of understanding challenging behaviour in order to better understand how to prevent or approach it.
Who is this webinar for?
- Free for BMA members.
- It is designed for all doctors and medical students seeking to improve their communications skills when dealing with challenging behaviour.
Want to gain a CPD certificate?
As a BMA member, you have free access to our CPD-accredited module on managing difficult conversations and difficult people.
Join the BMA today and get access to our wide range of learning and development courses and resources.
- BMA library and archive reading list - Being assertive in challenging situations (download below).
- Access our full range of reading lists.