We believe that independent sector providers should be held to the same standards as NHS providers, including transparent reporting of patient safety incidents and performance.
What you'll get from this report
- An update on NHS spending on independent sector provision of NHS care.
- A breakdown of CCG spending on ISPs (independent sector providers) by sector.
- An update on BMA member views.
- Spending on independent sector provision is broadly stable but remains high.
- In 2017/18, 7.3% of the DHSC budget was spent on independent sector healthcare provision (£8.8bn).
- As a proportion of the DHSC budget, independent sector healthcare provision remains high compared to historic levels.
- BMA members remain concerned about the levels of independent sector provision.