This year's BMA armed forces conference will take place on Tuesday 19 March 2024 at BMA House, London.
The conference will focus on how doctors can use the skills they have gained with the military both in life and work outside the forces. The conference will also consider current issues affecting reserve and regular armed forces doctors.
This is an opportunity to put your questions to expert speakers; discuss and consider a range of topical issues that matter to you; and network with colleagues from all services.
• Update from Defence Medical Services director general Air Vice Marshal Clare Walton CB KHP.
• Presentations on emergency healthcare in Gaza and working with refugees in Turks and Caicos.
• Panel session on using defence medical skills outside the military.
• Presentation on the Inspire 22 polar expedition.
• Workshop session on topics including pensions, pay and handling of service complaints.
Why should you attend?
The conference will offer you the opportunity to hear from and put questions to expert speakers, discuss and consider topical issues as well as opportunities to network with colleagues from all services.
Who can attend?
All Defence Medical Services doctors, both regular and reserve officers, civilian doctors and medical cadets are invited to attend the conference.
CPD accreditation has been applied for.
The conference is followed by an optional informal drinks reception until 6pm.
If you are not a BMA member and would like to join the conference, please contact us at: [email protected] and we will send you a link to register.