We sent out our first survey at the beginning of April, our most recent survey closed on 22 October.
In total, nearly 7,800 doctors took part in our last survey. They continue to be vital in helping us tackle the issues doctors are experiencing on the ground and in providing the evidence we need to lobbying Government.
Survey results - 22 October 2020
Key findings in England
Members once again voiced their fears that the NHS will not cope with both the demands placed upon it by people with Covid and winter pressures, as well as the millions of patients on ever-growing waiting lists. They also revealed high levels of anxiety about the winter ahead.
- More than 70% said they were either not at all or not very confident about the abilities of services in community settings to cope.
- 65% were not confident about their own local healthcare service’s ability to cope.
- 66% said they were quite or extremely anxious about work in the coming months.
- More than 40% said that their levels of stress, anxiety and emotional distress had got worse since the pandemic began.
Results from the other nations will be published shortly.
We are campaigning for protections for doctors fighting COVID-19. BMA priorities are:
- Testing for healthcare workers
- Expanding the workforce
- Death in service protection
Enter your details and you will receive emails informing you about:
- COVID-19 guidance
- News and blogs about COVID-19
- Information on BMA support
- Updates on your working situation during the pandemic
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.