We sent out our first survey at the beginning of April, our most recent survey closed on 9 July.
In total, nearly 5,900 doctors took part in our last survey. They continue to be vital in helping us tackle the issues doctors are experiencing on the ground and in providing the evidence we need to lobbying Government.
Survey results - 9 July 2020
These findings are from a survey to doctors in England and Wales which closed on 9 July 2020.
- 86% of doctors agree that face coverings should be made mandatory in all settings where social distancing is not possible.
- 15% of doctors were not at all confident of their ability to manage patient demand if there is a second peak of COVID-19.
- Within the last week 30% of doctors have seen patients with symptoms that they believe are a longer-term effect of having had COVID-19.
This document demonstrates how the responses which we’ve received on vital issues including PPE, testing and the NHS’s preparedness for the COVID-19 pandemic have changed over the course of the four COVID-19 surveys which we’ve undertaken to date.
We are campaigning for protections for doctors fighting COVID-19. BMA priorities are:
- Testing for healthcare workers
- Expanding the workforce
- Death in service protection
Enter your details and you will receive emails informing you about:
- COVID-19 guidance
- News and blogs about COVID-19
- Information on BMA support
- Updates on your working situation during the pandemic
You can unsubscribe to these emails at any time.