What you will get from this report
- Analysis and findings of spending on children's social care in 2019/20.
- Recommendation for a cross-government 'healthy childhood strategy'.
- Recommendation to reverse budget cuts to children's services in England.
- Spending on Sure Start and early years services in England has decreased by 39% since 2014/15.
- Spending on 5-19 children’s public health services in England has declined by 6% since 2016/17, and for mandated 0-5 children’s public health services by 5%.
- The number of health visitors in England has decreased by 24% since 2015.
- The number of school nurses in England has decreased by 13% since 2010.
- Supply is not yet sufficient to meet the levels of demand on child and adolescent mental health services.