What you will get from this report
- The characteristics of gender sensitive services.
- Current trends in women’s mental health in the UK.
- Implications and future solutions for policy makers and practitioners.
- Women and girls have distinct and specific needs and, therefore, policies, services and practice need to be gender-informed.
- Clear leadership and accountability is required to ensure gender sensitive policy and provision.
- Data collection and reporting should take account of differences between women and men and include gender as a standard variable.
- Policies, services and therapeutic options should be co-designed with women with experience of poor mental health.