What you will get from this report
- Background, statistics, and case studies on violence against women.
- Actions for healthcare professionals.
- Actions for policymakers.
- Responding to the scale of the problem is the largest challenge facing health care - further improvements are needed in terms of multi-agency working and information sharing.
- Particular challenges exist around responding to non-recent violence and abuse, non-physical forms of abuse, and working with an ageing population.
- The healthcare system is used by those perpetrating violence and abuse as well as those experiencing it. GPs are particularly likely to come into contact with perpetrators and need training and resources to make appropriate referrals.