The ARM 2019 took place at the ICC in Belfast. Around 500 doctors from all parts of the profession and across the UK gathered to consider and debate key matters of interest to the medical profession.
Key highlights from the event included:
- BMA council chair Chaand Nagpaul's keynote speech
- an open session on caring for doctors' wellbeing
- an open session on pensions, ahead of the launch of the BMA Goldstone Pensions Modeller.
For more information about the motions passed and for daily highlights, scroll to the individual day below.
- watch the keynote speech from Dr Chaand Nagpaul
- pensions open session
- speeches for the candidates in the election of the treasurer, representative body chair and deputy representative body chair.
Replay Monday's webcast
Read about Monday's motions
- the AGM (annual general meeting)
- BMA MASC co-chairs talk about the NHS workforce
- open session on caring for doctors' wellbeing.
Replay Tuesday's webcast
Read about Tuesday's motions
- caring, supportive, collaborative: A future vision for the NHS open session
- speech from Jeeves Wijesuriya, chair of the junior doctors committee
- questions and answer session with the council chair.
Replay Wednesday's webcast
Read about Wednesday's motions
- question and answer session with the treasurer
- motions surrounding health information management and information technology
- a round up of the motions arising from the ARM.
Replay Thursday's webcast
Read about Thursday's motions
The Annual General Meeting was held in the ICC Belfast on Tuesday 25 June 2019.
View the highlights from the 2019 AGM