NHS pension calculator
Have you ever wondered what your NHS pension will be when you retire?
Our handy NHS pension calculator allows you to get an estimate of what your pension pot might look like.
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in the required information to get an instant estimate.
A few things to note
This calculator estimates benefits for the following types of doctors who are on the NHS pension scheme:
- hospital doctors
- medical academics
- occupational health
- public health
it provides you with an estimate of what you might receive from your NHS pension when you retire. To obtain an accurate calculation contact NHS pensions to request a personal retirement illustration
future benefits are based on current salary
maximum lump sum allowed is subject to HMRC rules
survivor pensions for female 1995 section members who joined before 6/4/1988 may be slightly overstated.
What it doesn't calculate
- Estimate benefits for GPs.
- Estimate benefits for special class members.
- Estimate benefits for those who elected to move from the 1995 to the 2008 section as part of the choice exercise.
- It does not take account of any added years or additional pension purchases.
- It does not allow for any GMP (Guaranteed Minimum Pension) earned.
The pension calculator ('software') is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for a purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, BMA makes no warranty that:
- the software will meet your requirements
- the software will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the software will be effective, accurate or reliable
- the quality of the software will meet your expectations
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
The BMA accept no responsibility for errors or omissions in the software and will not be liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this software.