Doing the right thing
Do the right thing? Why wouldn't you? Of course, just like you always tell the absolute truth, and hand in that pound coin you found to the police station.
Perhaps you have faced a dilemma where both options had a claim to be 'right'? Or where neither felt right. Or where the 'right thing' - morally, legally or professionally - may have done more harm than good.
Another way to approach the topic is like this - if you failed to do the 'right thing', why? Lack of time, resources, insight, courage?
For inspiration, take a look at the best entries on last year's theme below. Every BMA member is able to enter this competition, and every one of you will have an experience that you could use. You just need a story which is fluently and vividly told.
We need 800 words by Friday 7 July 2017. So do the right thing. Have a go.
How to enter
To enter, please send your words to [email protected]
by 5pm on Friday 7 July 2017.
Entries are limited to a maximum of 800 words.
Terms and conditions
- Entry is open to all BMA members.
- Entries are limited to a maximum of 800 words. Titles are not necessary, and will not be included in either the judging or the word count.
- Footnotes will count towards the overall number of words, and should be avoided where possible.
- BMA employees or employees of companies sponsoring prizes are not eligible to enter. No purchase necessary.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes offered.
- The judges' decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be received by Friday 7 July 2017 before 5pm (BST).
- We plan to publish the winners' names and home towns. If you wish to request that we do not, please include this as part of your entry.