Doctors' notes is about the voices, views and experiences of UK doctors. Each month, doctors share their stories and experiences on different themes.
Episode 4 is 'behind bars.'
In this episode doctors reflect on their experiences with patients who, through exceptional circumstances, have ended up being incarcerated.
Each doctor explains the profound effect these experiences have had on their lives and daily practice and they discuss the weighty burden of the moral complexities involved.
Hear from a GP who meets a holocaust survivor, a locum exceeds the 10-minute rule, and a forensic examiner encounters a murder suspect.
Look out for episode 5 on 8 March – 'New Beginnings.' This episode looks at the migration of Doctors to the NHS over the last 70 years. To make sure you don't miss an episode, subscribe now and leave a star rating on apple podcasts.
Join the conversation
Doctors' notes is all about the voices, views and experiences of UK doctors. If you've got a story to tell, a suggestion for future episodes, or want to send us some feedback, email [email protected].
How to download
iPhone/iPad - Apple Podcasts
Podcasts is an app that is automatically downloaded on all iPhone devices. If you’re unable to find it, please visit the app store on your phone and search podcast. The app is purple with a stick person and two curved lines around it.
- Open the app
- Click search in the bottom right hand corner
- Type Doctors notes in the search bar and press search
- Click on the podcast episode – Giving back
- Click subscribe and the podcast will download to your device to listen
- Remember to leave a star rating and a review.
Android - Google Play
- Open Google Play
- Go to the search bar and type podcast player
- Click to download one of the podcast player apps
- Click on the podcast app you’ve downloaded
- Type Doctors’ notes in to the search bar
- Click on the podcast and click subscribe
- Remember to leave a review on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #BMApodcast
Having problems downloading?
If you have any issues when downloading our podcasts, please email [email protected].
A member of the team will get back to you asap.