Assertiveness is a skill that can be developed, and within your work using assertive communication can bring significant benefits to the way that you approach situations, provide feedback, and express your wants and needs.
What to expect from the webinar
- The webinar is up to one hour.
- It is taught by a subject matter expert.
- No preparation is needed, just bring a pen and paper if you want to make notes.
- This webinar has already been recorded, so it isn't interactive.
- A certificate of attendance will not be given for watching the recording of the webinar.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar, you will:
- consider what stops you from being assertive
- understand the differences between passive, assertive and aggressive behaviour and how to communicate using 4 types of assertive behaviour
- build confidence in your assertive language through structure and language technique.
Who is this webinar for?
- Free for BMA members.
- It's for doctors and medical students seeking to improve their skills in assertiveness.
Want to gain a CPD certificate?
As a BMA member, you have free access to our CPD-accredited module on assertiveness in the workplace.
As a BMA member, you can access BMJ Learning courses to support your learning needs at every stage of your career.
We offer hundreds of interactive, peer-reviewed learning modules, written by experts from BMJ.