Why should you attend?
The conference provides an opportunity for public health doctors from across the UK to meet together to reflect on and discuss key issues. You will also hear from leaders of the public health community, have the opportunity to network and share experiences as well as set the policy and negotiating priorities for the BMA public health medicine committee for the coming year.
The aim is to enable high levels of participation throughout the day. This year’s conference will include:
- a presentation by PHMC Deputy Chair, Heather Grimbaldeston, of the key findings of the Committee’s survey of public health doctors
- key note speeches with Q+A on the theme of 'Building back fairer'
- a break-out session to reflect with colleagues on the impact of the pandemic on you and your teams
- opportunities to hear from the BMA on its public health work during the last year including its representation of public health trainees and to hold it to account on that work
- debate of motions sent in by you, giving you the chance to decide which issues are important and to influence the work of the BMA in the coming year
- opportunities to raise and discuss general issues of importance with colleagues in public health and from other branches of medicine.
There will be an online workshop on policy development (date tbc) which will be open to all members but would be of particular use to new representatives. Please indicate on the registration form if you would like to attend this workshop.
Motions for debate
There will be an opportunity for all representatives to submit motions for debate that could shape the BMA’s agenda over the coming years.
The deadline for submission of motions is noon on Thursday 6 May. Topical motions on issues that arise after the deadline can be submitted up to noon on Friday 4 June 2021. The agenda committee would particularly welcome motions inspired by the theme of the conference. Motions should be submitted by e-mail to [email protected]
Read our guidance on writing a motion
For further information on how to draft and submit a motion, please email the conference secretariat at [email protected]
Attending the conference
Places at the conference are now open on a first come first served basis until the relevant places are filled.
Attendance is free to BMA members and costs £20 for non-members.
You do not need to be a BMA member to take part but non-members will also need to be registered on the BMA website.
Non-members are entitled to the BMA member rate if they join the BMA when registering. For further information about this call BMA conferences on 020 7383 6137.
If for any reason after registering you should find yourself no longer able to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so your place can be allocated to someone else.
Helping you to attend (BMA members only)
Care facilities for children and adult dependents are available for those who request them by Tuesday 11 May 2021, we cannot guarantee to provide this facility if notice is given after this date.