The virtual taster event will include speeches from our committees chairs and the council chair, and a motion writing workshop to generate motions for the February JMF conference debate.
Places at this forum are limited and allocated on a branch of practice and region basis. Junior members who have not attended a BMA event before will be prioritised for place allocation.
Confirmed attendees will be notified via email by Tuesday 19 October 2021.
What you will learn
- what the JMF is about
- the different branches of practice in the BMA
- how to get involved with the work of the BMA
- how to write a strong motion for debate.
What to expect
- an informative session with speakers from across the BMA
- an opportunity to find out what the BMA is currently working on
- an interesting motion writing workshop, delivered by the JMF exec. In this breakout session, you will be split into 4 groups to discuss your workplace experiences and what you would like to change.
JMF conference 2022
Those who attend the virtual event will have priority registration for the in-person JMF conference taking place on 26-27 February 2022.
The programme for the JMF conference will be announced at the virtual taster event.
The conference will be open to BMA members from all parts of the profession - whether you are a medical student, GP, consultant or junior doctor, as long as you are within 12 years of provisional registration or 11 years of full registration.