The BMA and MWF invite you to attend a panel discussion where we will be engaging with leaders in the healthcare sector to discuss what needs to be done to achieve gender equality in the profession. You will learn from our speakers about how to remedy the gender pay gap in the medical profession.
Our speakers are:
- Professor Dame Jane Dacre, chair of 'Mend the Gap: The Independent Review into Gender Pay Gaps in Medicine in England'
- Professor Carol Woodhams, research lead for 'Mend the Gap: The Independent Review into Gender Pay Gaps in Medicine in England'
- Danny Mortimer, chief executive of NHS Employers
- Professor Farah Bhatti, MWF’s Wales chair and chair of the Royal College of Surgeons’ Women in Surgery
- Dr Mary Anne Burrow, BMA Scottish council member.
You will have the opportunity to pre-submit questions for the panel discussion both before and during the event. We will endeavour to answer as many questions as possible.
Registration is free to attend but you need to book your place to be able to attend. The event is open to BMA and MWF members and non-members.
The event will be recorded and the recording will be posted on the BMA website and YouTube channel at a later date.
Read more about the pay gap in the BMA commentary on the independent review into the gender pay gaps in medicine.
Listen to our recording on the key findings from the review.