Presentations will focus on the experiences of women in medical leadership roles including networking, unconscious bias and barriers for women in leadership roles, the journey through clinical academia, a GP’s perspective and experiences in primary care and strategies for progressing in leadership and coaching.
What you will learn
- How to recognise and develop the personal qualities for high quality leadership in healthcare.
- How to effectively work with and lead others in delivering a service.
- How to effect change in healthcare and the barriers that exist.
- Tools and techniques for building and maintaining effective working relationships and influencing and negotiating.
- Professor Clare Hopkins: How to navigate the barriers to women in leadership roles.
- Dr Vaishali Nanda: The primary care perspective: "I deserve to lead! I am not an imposter" - Clinical Director, Primary Care Network, Middlesbrough, practicing GP for over 15 years.
- Mr David Thornton: ‘Developing your leadership, negotiation and influencing skills’ - David is a key trainer in the NHS Leadership Programme. He has extensive experience in coaching and developing leadership skills and works with a range of organisations and companies, listening to their needs and putting together a range of interventions.
Attendees will have the opportunity to submit questions to ask the speakers both before and during the event.
The BMA will be applying for CPD accreditation for these online events.