Who can attend
This workshop is designed for both new Guardians and more experienced Guardians.
What you will learn
- Understand the purpose and functions of the Guardian role;
- Identify key work and responsibilities of a Guardian;
- Consider how to negotiate time and support needed to carry out the role;
- Understand how the Guardian supports safe working;
- Discuss and consider practical tips and common challenges and solutions.
What to expect from this event
- Break out groups
- Discussion with other Guardians
- Cathy Taylor (SE & SW IRO);
- Laurence Bunch (Senior Policy Advisor, Pay & Contracts);
- Ruth Baird (London and SE IRO);
- Shazia Karim (East Midlands and Yorkshire IRO);
- Sam Wakeford (East of England IRO);
- Melanie Sutton (West Mids. IRO & RC);
- Elaine McAvoy (North East IRO & RC);
- Hugh Townsend (South East IRO & RC).