This conference is now fully booked. To join the waiting list, please email us at [email protected]
What you will learn
Join us for a one-day conference giving practical advice and support for sessional GPs. Free of charge for BMA members, this event will give you information and updates on key issues including pensions, tools to help you manage your workload and suggestions to help you set and maintain professional boundaries.
What to expect
- Informative presentations on key topics for sessional GPs with the chance to get your questions answered by experts.
- Networking opportunities.
- Information on how the BMA can support you as a sessional GP, including understanding your contract and employment rights.
Keynote presentation: ‘Professional boundaries’ with Dr Rachel Morris.
Pensions: Update on the latest pension information and an opportunity to have your questions answered.
Choice of breakout sessions:
- Know your contract
- Portfolio working as a GP: what’s new and how to get involved
- Negotiation skills: employment rights, job planning, fees and contract
- Navigating professional regulation and complaints
Workload toolkit: find out more about the BMA toolkit specifically designed to help you manage your workload effectively.
Dr Rachel Morris, is the host of the You Are Not a Frog podcast. Rachel is on a mission to help you find fulfilment, beat burnout and thrive. You Are Not a Frog is the podcast for humans in high-pressure roles who want to find a better way to work.
This conference is open to all sessional GPs. Parents are welcome to bring babies to the conference and a parent and child/feeding room will be available throughout the conference. Please contact BMA conferences if you have any queries or need further information.
Registration includes refreshments and lunch.
BMA members: free of charge
Non-members: £75 + VAT (£90)