What you will learn
This exciting evening event is organised by and for clinical academic trainees and aims to help you make the most of your academic training and develop your career.
- Keynote address from Dr Sarah Alderson, clinical associate professor in primary care at the University of Leeds reflecting on her academic career progression.
- Professor Fiona Denney, professor of business education at Brunel University London, advising on how you can build a leadership role through your research career.
- Opportunities to attend a choice of breakout sessions focussing on different career challenges, including writing successful grant applications, getting published and managing less than full time training.
- Hearing about the work of the JATS (joint academic trainees subcommittee) on your behalf and the opportunity to stand for election to the subcommittee.
You will be able to attend one of the following breakout sessions. Places in each session are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please list your preferences on the booking form and we will make every effort to allocate you to your preferred session.
- Less than full time training
- Writing a successful grant application
- BMA support for academic trainees
- Early academic careers and opportunities in academia
- How to get published
- How to give an engaging virtual presentation
Who can attend?
Academic trainees of all levels, from all parts of the UK and those considering an academic career.