You take care of patients, but do you take care of yourself?
This one-day conference aims to help junior doctors be more aware of their emotional reactions to difficult and stressful situations, maintain a balance between their professional and personal lives, and learn how to help themselves and their colleagues in times of difficulty.
Chaired by Dr Chris Sheridan, co-chair of the Scottish junior doctors committee, we have a range of speakers and breakout sessions, with the aim of helping you find the tools to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Dr Fiona Burton, consultant in emergency medicine, NHS Lanarkshire: 'Civility saves lives – calling it out with compassion'.
- Lisa Curatolo, advanced retrieval practitioner, ScotSTAR, EMRS: 'Traumatic incidents and a busy life – how do you look after yourself?'
- Dr Michael Moneypenny, director of the Scottish Centre for Simulation and Clinical Human Factors (SCSCHF) and consultant anaesthetist, NHS Forth Valley: 'Human factors – decision making under stress'.
- Dr Mhairi Hepburn, consultant psychiatrist, NHS Tayside: 'Looking after your mental health as a foundation doctor and beyond'.
- Human factors – decision making under stress.
- Introduction to yoga.
- Introduction to mindfulness.
- LTFT working – advice and networking.
The day will finish with a drinks reception, giving you the opportunity to network with fellow attendees.