Trainee doctor LNC representatives from all four nations are invited to attend a one-day conference on Monday 28 October 2019 at BMA House, London.
With the successful referendum result in England, the 2016 contract will be implemented in hospitals across England. This has highlighted the importance of the trainee LNC rep. Local negotiation has never been so important.
The conference agenda is designed to specifically help support and train our LNC reps to feel prepared for the year ahead in negotiating with trusts.
This is a great opportunity for LNC representatives across the four nations to prepare themselves for their role and its new challenges in the year ahead, refreshing knowledge of current issues and sharing good practice with colleagues.
On the day we will be:
- updating you on successes and implementation of the 2016 contract
- offering a selection of workshops on key skills including negotiating and working effectively as part of a committee
- specific sessions on devolved nations issues
- informing you on a range of topics including LTFT issues, pensions, and foundation programme review changes
- updating you on how the BMA, JDC (junior doctors committee) and your RJDC (regional junior doctors committee) can support you in your LNC role and how you access that support.
Registration will open from 10am with the conference starting at 10.30am. The conference will close at 5pm.
Download the programme
Have you done something to improve the working conditions for junior doctors in your trust/board, region or nation? This is the place to share your hard work on a national stage. Posters can describe any of the following:
- examples of service improvement
- innovation designed to improve junior doctors' working lives
- examples of successful negotiations and their impact
- QI projects designed to improve junior doctors' working lives
- committee projects that improve junior doctor engagement.
To enter the display please download the entry form and follow the submission instructions.