Speakers confirmed so far:
- BMA head of wellbeing support services Tom Rapanakis
- BMA head of equality, inclusion and culture Sally Brett, will present on the work the BMA is doing to combat bullying and harassment
- Children's Health Ireland senior clinical psychologist in oncology and malignant haematology Chiara Besani, will be presenting a workshop on mindfulness
- We also have the GMC director of strategy and policy Paul Buckley, who will be giving an update on GMC work.
Following the success of the previous BMA Northern Ireland SAS conferences, we are delighted to present 'SAS: Your wellbeing matters' – providing SAS doctors across Northern Ireland with the opportunity to gain insight and explore strategies to improve the quality of their working life.
The healthcare landscape is continually changing, bringing with it new challenges for SAS doctors. The BMA is committed to supporting you as you navigate these changes.
SAS doctors are invited to attend this one-day event where you will have the opportunity to meet with your peers and health service professionals, and hear a wide range of insightful presentations addressing the many facets of doctors’ working lives and wellbeing today.
The range of learning opportunities on offer should provide a worthwhile contribution to your working life. CPD accreditation has been applied for.
Attendees will have the chance to engage with senior and elected members of the BMA in Northern Ireland to find out about the work that the Association does and gain a better understanding of the BMA’s representative structure and policy-setting process.
Find out what we can do for you, how we can represent you, and how you can get involved.
- Understand the challenges facing SAS doctors
- Learn how you can manage personal resources including time, workload, stress
- Learn how to build resilience
- Consider wellbeing in retirement, at work, within yourself
- Pick up tips on how to avoid burn-out
- Put questions to expert speakers, discuss and consider a range of topical issues that matter to your wellbeing
- Looking at work, career and retirement.