Following the success of the previous BMA Northern Ireland SAS conferences, we are delighted to present 'SAS: Your wellbeing matters' – providing SAS doctors across Northern Ireland with the opportunity to gain insight and explore strategies to improve the quality of their working life.
Chair of the BMA Northern Ireland staff, associate specialist and specialty doctors committee Dr Carole Cairns tells us what delegates can expect this year.
The range of learning opportunities on offer should provide a worthwhile contribution to your working life. CPD accreditation has been applied for.
Speakers confirmed so far:
- BMA head of wellbeing support services Tom Rapanakis.
- BMA head of equality, inclusion and culture Sally Brett will present on the work the BMA is doing to combat bullying and harassment.
- Children's Health Ireland senior clinical psychologist in oncology and malignant haematology Chiara Besani, will be presenting a workshop on mindfulness.
- The GMC's director of strategy and policy Paul Buckley, who will be giving an update on GMC work.
- Inspire's director of professional services, John Conaghan, will be talking about Inpsire's wellbeing service.
- Consultant in general surgery, Professor Stephen Kirk, will be talking about avoiding burnout, building resilience and coping strategies.