Please note this event is now fully booked.
To be added to the waitlist, please email [email protected]
In this highly interactive course, our expert hosts will teach you the fundamentals of leadership and management in 21st century healthcare.
Whether you are an experienced leader looking to improve your effectiveness, or are new to leadership, and looking to expand your potential, this course tackles key leadership and management issues relevant to your career stage.
- the latest leadership theories
- the Healthcare Leadership Model and its relevance to everyone in every-day healthcare
- team working
- conflict resolution
- how to motivate and engage.
- highly relevant and practical action learning
- workshops relevant to your career stage
- groups of no more than 30 people
- content will be will be tailored to the needs of those in the room
- discuss common issues, and learn contrasting perspectives with colleagues and experts
Aspiring leader - workshops in the aspiring leader stream are targeted at doctors who are beginning to develop their leadership and management skills, or who are taking steps towards their first formal leadership role (e.g. junior doctors in FY/ST roles, pre-CCT). The focus will be on improving your leadership skills at an individual level, how to work effectively within teams, manage conflict, motivate and engage people to create better outcomes.
- Enhancing leadership potential: will look at leadership expectations of doctors, perspectives on the “how” of leadership, and identify opportunities for leadership development.
- Multi-disciplinary teams – being an effective team member: explore the characteristics of an effective team and the impact of change on the team.
- Motivation and engaging people on an individual level: understanding the differences between motivation and engagement, and looking at how different motivational theories work for you in practice.
- Managing conflict in professional relationships: identifying common conflict scenarios, appreciating different personalities and harnessing tools for dealing with conflict.
Established leader - workshops in the established leader stream are targeted at those who have held leadership positions for a while but are experiencing a challenge or want to evaluate how they can be more effective (e.g. consultant/SAS/Trust doctor/GP Partner roles, post-CCT). We will look at wider problems such as how to lead teams, how to manage conflict at higher levels and how to communicate your vision.
- How to be an effective leader: unpacking leadership competencies and asking if an ideal leader exists; exploring how leadership can be developed more widely and shared.
- Multi-disciplinary Teams – leading the team: appreciating the dynamics of a multi-professional team, and managing teams through change.
- Managing organizational conflict: identifying sources of organisational conflict, the enablers and hindrances to collaboration, and finding strategies to manage conflict at higher levels.
- Sharing the vision: connecting stakeholders in creating team and organisational vision, and communicating widely.
|09:00 - 09:30
||Registration and refreshments
|09:30 - 10:25
|10:25 - 11:35
Enhancing leadership potential
Multi-disciplinary teams - being an effective team member
Motivating and engaging people on an individual level
Managing conflict in professional relationships
How to be an effective leader
Multi-disciplinary teams - leading the team
Managing organisational conflict
Sharing the vision
|13:00 - 13:45
|13:45 - 16:30
||Sessions as above
|16:30 - 17:00
||Reflection and summary