Are you interested in updating your skills as an expert witness or are you interested in setting up in practice? This one-day conference, for all levels of experience, will cover the essentials of working competently as an expert witness.
With a programme designed to ensure you hear the latest views from medico legal experts, have the chance to get your questions answered and develop your network, the conference will include:
- Michael Horne QC on duties and liabilities of the expert witness
- Dr Simon Fox QC will discuss changes to the Bolam test
- Sir Norman Williams on gross negligence manslaughter
- Oliver Quick of the University of Bristol will cover key cases and legislation for medical experts
- Kate Hill of InPractice Training will share tips on good and bad practice in report writing
- The dos and don’ts of courtroom skills with Augustus Ullstein QC, 39 Essex Chambers
- Professor Nigel Eastman discussing bias in expert witness work
This conference has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 5 category 1 (external) CPD credits.