BMA Scotland Employment Advisers deal with enquiries from GP practices on a daily basis. We are therefore pleased to offer the following full day course that covers one of the most common issues.
An in-depth look at the various types of leave that are required under statute or are commonly included in contracts. Key areas covered will include:
- Working Time regulations and impact on annual leave entitlements
- Statutory leave – sickness absence, maternity, adoptive and parental leave
- Other contractual leave - benefits, drawbacks and myths
- Handling sickness absence and developing policies
- Short term v long term absence and how to deal with each
- Involving Occupational health
- Capability procedures
The course will include some interactive sessions where delegates will work through different scenarios and practice how best to deal with problem absenteeism, occupational health issues and even termination of employment on capability grounds. These will be overseen by expert staff who will guide you through the minefield of running meetings related to problem absenteeism.