The BMA private practice committee (PPC) will be holding its annual conference on Wednesday 11 April 2018 at BMA House, London.
Doctors working within independent healthcare are continually having to adapt their practices to an ever changing landscape. This conference will look at the 'ins and outs' of private practice, from the logistics of setting up a private practice for the first time to making sure established practitioners are reaching their maximum potential in private practice.
For new entrants to the private sector, the conference will offer a chance to network with colleagues who have already established and run successful practices.
- Ms Clare Barton, assistant director of registration and revalidation, GMC, will give a presentation on revalidation of primary and secondary care clinicians.
- Mr Derek Machin, BMA private practice committee chair, will provide pertinent information for specialists wanting to set up and develop their private practice.
- Dr Sarah Jordan, GP, The Portobello Clinic, will advise GPs on how to set up as an independent GP.
As part of the programme you will have an opportunity to attend one of the following parallel sessions scheduled to take place during the afternoon:
- setting up and developing your private practice – specialists
- setting up and developing in private general practice
- established practitioners.
Networking drinks reception
A networking drinks reception offering more information and networking opportunities will be held at the close of the conference programme from 4.15 – 5.30 pm. All attendees are welcome.
Download the full conference programme
CPD accreditation has been applied for.