This year's BMA armed forces conference will take place on Wednesday 25 April 2018 at BMA House, London.
The conference will consider a range of topical issues affecting both reserve and regular armed forces doctors, including updates on developments in research in the DMS and in medical support to operations.
Why should you attend?
The conference will offer you the opportunity to hear from and put questions to expert speakers, discuss and consider topical issues as well as opportunities to network with colleagues from all services.
Who can attend?
All Defence Medical Services doctors, both regular and reserve officers, civilian doctors and medical cadets are invited to attend the conference.
The conference is followed by a dinner on Wednesday 25 April 2018 at the Honorable Artillery Company, City Road, London, EC1Y 2BQ
Tickets for the dinner are £50.00 for BMA members (including VAT) or £85.00 for non-members (including VAT).
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Earl Howe, Minister of State for Defence
- Air Commodore Richard Withnall, Defence Medical Services medical director on the current state of research in the DMS, future lines of development and funding
- Group Captain Luke Houghton on ‘Medical support to operations: where have we been, where are we now and where are we going?'
- Colonel Nigel Tai on ‘Medical support to South Sudan'
- Lieutenant General Louis Lillywhite, late surgeon general on ‘Perspectives global to local’