This course will give practice managers and GPs an in-depth look at the key issues involved in absence and leave management, including the various types of leave that are required under statute or commonly included in contracts.
Key areas covered
- Working time regulations and impact on annual leave entitlements
- Statutory leave – sickness absence, maternity, adoptive and parental leave
- Other contractual leave - benefits, drawbacks and myths
- Handling sickness absence and developing policies
- Short term versus long term absence and how to deal with each
- Involving occupational health
The course will include some interactive sessions where delegates will work through different scenarios and practice how best to deal with problem absenteeism, occupational health issues and even termination of employment on capability grounds. These will be overseen by expert staff who will guide you through the minefield of running meetings related to problem absenteeism.