Join the BMA and the BMJ to look at the impact of Brexit on health services across the UK - from workforce and regulation, to reciprocal healthcare and medical research, there’s barely a part of the health service that will be unaffected by the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
With negotiations now reaching their final, critical stage, this is a vital opportunity to hear from experts in the field and put your questions to the panel.
- Dr Chaand Nagpaul, BMA council chair
- Keynote Speech: Dr Paul Williams MP, Health Select Committee and GP
- Panel 1: Brexit and the NHS workforce: Dr Terry John, BMA International Committee Chair, Maria Trewern, RCN Council Chair and Ben Morrin, Workforce Director, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Panel 2: Brexit and patients: Mark Dayan, Policy and Public Affairs Analyst, Nuffield Trust and Ruth Taillon, Director, Centre for Cross Border Studies
- Panel 3: Brexit and research: Dr Matthew Shaw, Medical Director, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Louise Wren, Policy Advisor, Wellcome Trust
- Panel 4: “In conversation…Brexit, Parliament and the Public”: Gideon Skinner, Research Director, Ipsos MORI
This event took place on Friday 16 November 2018, 10am - 1pm at BMA House and is available to be viewed via webcast.
Watch event webcast
Read the Chair of Council's speech
For further information, or if you have any questions, please contact BMA conferences on 0207 383 6137 or email [email protected]