The BMA has been clear that Brexit will be damaging for the medical profession, both in the UK and across Europe.
The challenges posed to our health services by Brexit are considerable; from workforce recruitment and retention to the cross-border provision of health in Ireland, to the development and provision of cutting edge technology and pharmaceuticals.
With the support of our European partners in European medical organisations we will be using this manifesto to engage with MEPs from across Europe and the political spectrum.
The manifesto covers the following:
- A pan-European medical workforce
- Research and innovation
- Medicines and Medical Devices
- Patient care and public health
- Healthcare provision in (Northern) Ireland
- International trade and health
Read the full manifesto