With the right support and development as well as a stable career path, we see doctors delivering a sustainable NHS. Here are our top priorities.
MSC policy is set by the annual Medical Students Conference and the BMA's Annual Representative Meeting (ARM).
As future doctors, we want to safeguard our NHS. Our five priorities are summarised below.
- Lobby for the protection of the NHS bursary for AHP and medical students
- Lobby for sufficient and equitable travel expenses for medical students on placement
- BMA Finance Guide for Students
BMA student finance survey
We want to understand the impacts that changes to funding and fees are having on medical students. Our survey questions look at the backgrounds of medical students, access to funding and the changing incentives in study and specialty choice.
The feedback you provide will be vital in informing our policy positions on medical student finance.
Take part in the survey
- Mental Health of students
- Sexual harassment on clinical placements
- Contribute to the development of the UKMLA
- Increase in medical student places
4. Widening Participation
- Continue to highlight the importance of Widening Participation and spread best practice
- Standardisation of widening participation initiatives