Every year the BMA holds elections at all UK medical schools to elect BMA student representatives and deputies.
These representatives make up the BMA medical students committee and attend quarterly meetings at BMA House in London.
As part of the committee you will:
- Be the voice of our future doctors
- Lobby for positive change in student finance, welfare and education
- Represent students' views from all over the UK
A BMA student representative and deputy will be elected at each medical school by their fellow BMA student members; at split campus medical schools, such as Nottingham and Derby, one BMA representative is elected for the entire medical school and one deputy representative is elected for each campus.
Deputy BMA student representatives may be asked to occasionally deputise for the BMA student representative at MSC meetings.
Each elected student member serves a one-year term running from September, and current elected student members are welcome to stand again if they are still medical students.
Elections for the 2019-2020 session are now open. To submit a nomination, please login to BMA elections.
There will be a training day at BMA House in September 2019 for all elected representatives and deputy representatives.
Elections are open for the following medical schools, with the relevant schedule listed below the school:
- Aston Medical School (Representative and deputy representative)
- Hull & York – Hull campus (Deputy representative only)
- Edinburgh (Deputy representative only)
Nominations: 12pm Friday 10 May to 12pm Friday 24 May
Voting: 12pm Friday 31 May to 12pm Friday 14 June
- Oxford (Representative and deputy representative)
Nominations: 12pm Thursday 16 May to 12pm Thursday 30 May
Voting: 12pm Thursday 6 June to 12pm Thursday 20 June
- Cambridge (Deputy representative)
- Aberdeen (Deputy representative)
Voting: 12pm Thursday 16 May to 12pm Thursday 30 May
All other medical school elections are now closed.
To nominate yourself or to vote in one of the elections, please login to BMA’s elections.
The below representative positions remain vacant following the election process:
- Anglia Ruskin (Representative and deputy representative)
- Keele (Deputy representative)
If you have any questions regarding the election process please contact [email protected].
Download the MSC election guidelines
Download the role profile for a BMA student representative
Download the role profile for a deputy BMA student representative