This one-day conference provided a national forum in which attendees were given the opportunity to network, learn how to make the most of their academic training, and develop their career, through a programme informed by the views of academic trainees.
The conference included keynote speeches, plenary presentations, workshops and parallel sessions, as well as a networking drinks reception at the close of the conference to enable more informal discussions.
Highlights of the day:
- Practical advice from experts in the field including on producing the best poster, communicating your research, and developing your career.
- Keynote address from Professor Azeem Majeed on his career as an academic in primary care, and James Malone-Lee on writing in medicine.
- Workshops and parallel sessions catered to different training levels.
Delegates were able to attend two of the following workshops, with places in each workshop allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- How to deliver effective teaching
- Industry partnerships/pharmaceutical
- Less than full time working
- Personal health and resilience
- Innovative ways of communicating information
- Patient and public involvement and research
Download the conference programme