New members welcome!
Do you have an interest in medico-politics? Would you like to represent junior doctors in your hospital?
Get involved with the Northern Ireland junior doctors committee. We are currently reconstituting our membership for 2016/17 so now is your chance.
Get in touch today
The NIJDC gathers the opinions of junior doctors from HSC Trusts or the Public Health Agency within Northern Ireland. Find out all about us here.
- To communicate to junior doctors in Northern Ireland the activities of the NIJDC and national junior doctors' committee
- To promote the policies of JDC
- To encourage junior doctors in Northern Ireland to take part in the medico-political process
- To facilitate the taking of action by junior doctors against their employers as may seem necessary by the NIJDC
- To liaise with the BMA (NI) office and the Industrial Relations Officers of the BMA
- To monitor and ensure to the best of its ability the enforcement of current national agreements regarding terms and conditions of service at a regional level
- Fair interpretation of junior doctors' contracts in NI
- That medical posts established within NI are in accordance with such manpower objectives as may exist from time to time.
Who we are
Dr Chris Hoo
View the list of NIJDC representatives 2016-17
We meet four times a year to discuss the issues that are most important to doctors in training.
Who can come
These meetings are open to members of the Northern Ireland junior doctors committee only. Non-voting committee members can also come along and participate as part of the BMA committee visitors scheme.
- Friday 8 September 2017
- Friday 17 November 2017
- Monday 26 February 2018
- Friday 1 June 2018
All meetings take place between 2.30pm to 5pm.
Where we meet
BMA Northern Ireland
16 Cromac Place
For more information email [email protected] or call 028 9026 9666 .